Attorney Clayton R. Leonard
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Email: Email Me
Clayton Leonard is a Partner with the Law Office of Robert L. Bolick, Ltd. in Las Vegas, Nevada. Having spent his entire career practicing in the areas of estate planning, asset protection, business planning, probate, and trust administration in Hawaii and Nevada, Clayton has worked with all types of clients from all walks of life. Throughout his career, Clayton’s philosophy has always been to focus on the client’s values, goals, and wishes, which has helped Clayton form long and lasting relationships with is clients and their children.
To help his clients achieve their estate planning goals, Clayton has extensive experience preparing simple and complex estate plans, including revocable living trusts, Nevada incomplete non-grantor trusts (“NING”), dynasty trusts, Nevada asset protection trusts (“NAPT”), offshore asset protection trusts, and various entities, such as limited liability companies including series LLCs and corporations.
Clayton attended the University of California at Berkeley and Brigham Young University where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science. Clayton graduated from the University of Toledo College of Law where he excelled in estate planning, taxation, international business transactions, and appellate writing. In 2020, Clayton also became an Accredited Estate Planner® by the National Association of Estate Planners and Counciles.
Clayton has served in a variety of roles within the community, including his service as a West Hawaii Director for the Young Lawyer’s Division (2016-2018), a scholarship ambassador for the Hawaii Community Foundation (2016 and 2017), a Director with Family Support Services of West Hawaii (2016-2018), and served as an active Rotarian in the Rotary Club of Kona (2015-2018).
In his spare time, Clayton enjoys being a dad and spending time with his four kids, and also enjoys golfing, surfing, paddle boarding, CrossFit, playing the guitar, and is an avid reader.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Business Planning
- University of California at Berkeley (1999-2000)
- Brigham Young University (B.S. Exercise Science, 2006)
- University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Nevada Asset Protection Trusts – LPL Financial Annual Meeting (La Jolla, California)
- Trusts A-Z – National Business Institute (webinar)
- Preparing Nevada Wills and Trusts – National Business Institute (webinar)
- Estate Planning for Business Owners – Seminar (Kailua-Kona, Hawaii)
- Real Estate Issues in Probate: Key Considerations and Consequences – Seminar (Kailua-Kona, Hawaii)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- West Hawaii Bar Association
Clayton regularly offers pro bono services throughout his local community. The below photo is from a complimentary information session for teachers on Powers of Attorney at Selma Bartlett Elementary School.